It appears as though there’s some type of frenzy or an uproar of some kind in regards to Content Marketing… It’s a peculiar thing, as Content Marketing has always been the number 1, essential practice in SEO best practices. In fact – content is what launched the internet into becoming one of the most important inventions in modern day technology.
Lee Odden of TopRank Marketing has said: “Content is the reason search began in the first place.”
Before the Web/The Internet became ever so cluttered with the display of Ads and PPC – content was the only thing that drove traffic onto websites.
Oddly, even since the boom in technology and in digital marketing – content still remains to have an immense impact in driving customers and sales to different websites. Rather than declining in its power – content has now become more essential and effective than ever before in digital marketing strategies.
Why Market Content for Shopify eCommerce Stores?
An exceptional piece of content that you create can live for all eternity on the internet. Unique and remarkable content will continue to drive traffic, leads and sales for years! It will proceed to doing its rounds on Social Media Networks and developing referrals and back links.
When you write totally amazing and awesome content, you are beginning to create a chain reaction of sorts. The more engaging and informative the content is – the heavier the response will be… and this is just one of the many reasons that Content Marketing for Shopify eCommerce Stores is vital!
You have to think of Content Marketing as some kind of money making apparatus or as something that works without ever getting tired no matter what time of day it is… When you use Content Marketing properly for Shopify eCommerce Stores, your business will just continue to grow.
Below You Will Find a Variety of Killer Market Content Strategies Which Will Boost Traffic to Your Shopify eCommerce Store
1. Writing Bold Headlines. Always begin with the basics: great headlines. In search result pages – the headlines that you have created have a colossal impact. Utilize headlines to attract the attention of your users and potential customers.
2. Write Using Powerful Language/Words. Power words are words, which will convey emotions and appeal to different senses in a person. Words such as “killer, catastrophic, ballistic, explosive and/or “amazing, mind blowing, extraordinary, miraculous, astonishing” and the likes seem to cause a reaction in people. We are sure, you’ve experience this as well while reading powerful and truly moving content.
However, beware of using too many power words, as it can appear as ingenuine or even spammy. Find a balance and place power words in precise places – where the impact will be felt the most.
- Don’t Be Afraid of Being Sexy. It’s no secret that sex sells. It simply does… With that said, be sexy in applicable circumstances, but do not go overboard. You do not want to be inappropriate or offensive. Creating some sexy headlines will help you with traffic to your Shopify eCommerce Stores.
- Be Mysterious and Intriguing. Everyone enjoys a little mystery; a little intrigue… so, do not unleash all your info in your headlines. Provoke readers curiosities by taking advantage of the division between users’ issues and the solutions that you can provide.
- Implode Expectations. Keep in mind that not many websites have received too much attention by following conventional methods. Think outside the box. Dare to be edgy and a little shocking. Un-filter yourself and your content. Write about things that your users do not expect. However, ALWAYS backup your information with concrete data and facts.
3. Acquire Information. We advise you to subscribe to websites, such as: Copy Blogger, QuickSprout, Social Media Examiner and Content Marketing Institute. Take notice of the types of headlines, which are driving the most shares and Tweets. Don’t be scared of being experimental. You’ll learn from your mistakes.
4. Create Fruitful Content! Fertile, bountiful, informative, creative, abundant – these are all synonyms for extraordinary, Shopify eCommerce content. People really love to connect and engage with content, just as long as it appeals to their senses. If you know what truly appeals to your targeted audience, you will see that your content will begin to spread just like an epidemic. Use this guideline to create, genuine and fruitful Shopify eCommerce content.
5. Insure Content Goes Viral. How do you know if your content is viral worthy? Well, if your content is worth its information, it will typically spread all on its own. Provide your targeted audience with reasons to connect and/or share your content with others. Is your content utterly awesome? Are you offering special deals?
Developing viral content is of utter importance, as it will compel your users to share your content. For Shopify eCommerce stores, it’s sometimes a bit more challenging and for this reason, you need to make sure that your Shopify eCommerce blog page is one of the best in your line of business and/or industry.
6. Social Trends Newsjacking. We live in a world of hashtags and trending topics and hashtags and trends come and go on a daily basis. When you Newsjack, you are basically, taking advantage of trending topics on Social Media to optimize your eCommerce content. For example, if #NationalCatDay is trending on Twitter – think and/or find a way that you can tie up this trending hashtag with your business. You can even just Tweet about it on your business, Twitter account and users will take notice that your business is one that stays in the loop with all types of trending topics.
7. Create Longer Blog Posts/Content. Guys, it is a myth that users are lazy and do not want to read long copy. Sure, if the content is lame or uninformative and invaluable to users – naturally, they will bounce off. However, if you have killer content, with newsworthy and valuable information, your users will most definitely want to read all of your content.
Furthermore, search engines just adore long form copy!
8. Create and Utilize Visual Content. It’s been reported that Tweets that contain images have received approximately 89 percent more favorites and an approximate 150 percent more ReTweets in comparison to Tweets that do not contain any images.
Sure, you can curate the majority of images/pics that you share on Twitter and other Social Media Platforms, but it is strongly recommended that you dare to become a little creative with your smartphone and camera and experiment some for totally authentic images. You never know – you can even start something as huge as the Hot Pepper Challenge!
Arrange and Organize Content Marketing for Shopify eCommerce Stores
A large number of Shopify eCommerce stores/businesses have recently become aware of the importance of eCommerce, content marketing. But just a few have found the infrastructure that is needed to streamline continuous content on the vast array of digital marketing platforms and channels that are available.
No matter what kind of business you have, you should have access to the capabilities that will allow you to create, spread and monitor your content.
9. Develop a Calendar for Shopify eCommerce Content. For starters, you need a concrete, Shopify eCommerce content marketing strategy. Create a document which details: topics, short term goals, targeting data & segmentation. A calendar such as the one described is the best way to get started and ensure a successful eCommerce Content Marketing campaign for your Shopify eCommerce store.
As you become more familiarized with your targeted audience, you’ll be more adapt to prepare different content marketing strategies that’s suitable for your users. Always make sure that any new strategy that you implement is to the highest of quality. Don’t create content just for the sake of posting something…
10. Repurpose Content. “Kill two birds with one stone… ” When writing content, keep this quote in mind, as it can be invaluable and extremely effective. When creating content – we often forget about some of the really great pieces of copy that’s been published.
Make the time to go back to previous content that you have written and/or created and that you feel confident about and share it various times on the same platform, so that you may be able to reach people on different time zones or that have different online habits. Once you do this, tweak/repurpose your content, so that you are able to distribute these amazing pieces of content on different platforms.
For example, if you created an infographic some weeks ago and you are now developing a video for this week – check and see if you can incorporate your infographic from weeks ago into your new video. Remember, content isn’t all about words!
Start applying these amazing and totally effective tips, which will boost sales to your Shopify eCommerce Store!